After announcing the first PC patch a couple of hours ago, EA is at full swing when it comes to Need For Speed: The Run. They have just announced a new DLC pack, and so far exclusive to the PlayStation 3. This new pack adds 7 of the finest Italian vehicles ever made, and also 10 exclusive Challenge Series events. Each car will have an unlockable kit, a Signature and a NFS Edition, and they can be used in The Run, Challenge Series or Multiplayer modes.
The DLC is now available on the North American PlayStation Store for $6.99. European players will have to wait until tomorrow (Wednesday 1st) to buy the DLC.
[b]Here is the car list:[/b]
- Alfa Romeo 8C Competizione
- Lamborghini Diablo SV
- Lamborghini Gallardo LP 570-4 Superleggera
- Lancia Delta HF Integrale Evoluzione
- Maserati GranTurismo Stradale
- Maserati MC12
- Pagani Zonda R
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bw7NChphLTA&hd=1]Check the trailer here![/url]
Need For Speed: The Run was released in November 2011, and while the consoles have already seen a couple of patches, the PC patch has been delayed... until now. EA has announced that the first PC patch is finally available, and to compensate PC players for the delay, they are also giving the [b]Signature Edition Booster Pack[/b] for free alongside the patch! This DLC adds 9 heavily customized (both visual and performance) cars.
[b]Here is the list of fixes:[/b]
- 30 FPS cap is disabled when v-sync is set to OFF in advanced display settings;
- Miscellaneous fixes for gamepad and peripheral support;
- Tweaked reset behavior for a number of tracks in The Run where resets seemed too close to the main race route;
- When players go off track, they will be reset back onto the track instead of at the last checkpoint. Crashes will still result in a reset to the last checkpoint;
- Fixed issue where Autolog split time HUD would sometimes disappear after a vehicle reset;
- Updated car images will now be displayed in Challenge Series loading screen;
- Added Quick Match option from multiplayer menu;
- Players now ha! ve the option to mute VOIP of other players in multiplayer sessions;
- Reduced unrealistic behaviors when multiplayer opponents drive off-road or collide with world objects;
- Fixed issue where sometimes icons wouldn’t display for playgroup members in the intermission screen;
- Animated recently completed solo and group objectives in the intermission screen;
- Display active objectives in the pre-race loading screen;
- Tabs will now auto-cycle during the intermission screen, manually tabbing between screens will disable the auto cycling;
- Countdown timers in MP will flash orange in the last 5 seconds;
- Will still display session rewards for players that finish the last race in a session after all other players have left the session;
- Hide the empty race results and session standing tabs in the intermission screen when joining a race in progress;
- Autolog Gallery: fix to extend scroll bar for entire length of gallery;
- Autolog News: fixed alignment of news list and top! of news image;
- Autolog Friends: now displays whether a friend is online, joinable or offline in player badge;
- Autolog Friends: added option to join a friend’s multiplayer session from the friends list, if friend is in a joinable session;
- Autolog Photo: now displays the proper error message when a photo upload fails due to being out of space;
- [url=http://www.needforspeed.com/therun/car/puppet-chevrolet-el-camino-ss]Puppet Chevy El Camino SS[/url]
Available for PlayStation 3 (already out) and Xbox 360 (coming shortly), the latest patch contains the following updates:
[quote]*Improvements to reset behavior in Single Player:
-When players go off track, they will be reset back onto the track (similar to the reset behavior in online multiplayer races) instead of at the last checkpoint. Crashes will still result in a reset to the last checkpoint.
-We’ve modified the reset behavior for a number of tracks in The Run where resets seemed too close to the main race route. This should reduce some frustration for players where they’ve suddenly been reset by just barely going off course.
– reduce the severity of racer to racer collisions in multiplayer races and jarring reactions by the game camera.
- Fix to address a connectivity issues sometimes seen when attempting to join multiplayer sessions on PS3
– Fix for load and connectivity issues being experienced on PS3.
– fix an issue where the Autolog friends list would sometimes appear empty and Speedwalls would display ‘Your Friend’ instead of the proper friends name.[/quote]
Update should be available the next time you boot up the game (PS3). PC patch is in the works, but no ETA given.
With Need for Speed The Run release being tomorrow, the reviews have started coming in. One of the first is [url=http://www.gametrailers.com/video/review-hd-need-for/723916]up on Gametrailers[/url]. For the impatient, they gave it a final score of [b]8.4[/b].
[url=http://www.gametrailers.com/video/review-hd-need-for/723916]Check it out here[/url].
Also if you want to see more of The Run, they'll be streaming the first hour of gameplay today at 3pm PST (23:00 GMT) and 6pm PST (02:00 GMT). Senior producer Steve Anthony will also be there to answer your questions.
[url=http://www.gametrailers.com/show/hour-one/]More info and live stream link[/url]
There's a special bonus available for Need for Speed The Run on EA's Origin digital download service. Preorder The Run for PC before November 14th and you'll get either [b]Need for Speed Hot Pursuit[/b] or [b]SHIFT 2 Unleashed[/b] for free plus the Carbon Challenge series with Darius' R8.
[url=http://www.origin.com]Find the offer on Origin[/url]
The complete soundtrack for Need for Speed The Run. Not the typical soundtrack we're used to in a Need for Speed game. And to quote the official site on it: [quote]The soundtrack reflects our main character Jack's experiences and races. It's an integral part of the story of the game. The songs are seamlessly combined with a full score by Hollywood composer Brian Tyler ("Fast Five, Battle for Los Angeles") to create the ultimate Need for Speed music experience. The soundtrack is strongly influenced by American regional styles, reflecting the San Francisco to New York race.
In other words, depending on where you are in the game, you'll hear different songs to match the location, intensity, and mood of The Run![/quote]
[quote]ARTIST - SONG
Black Keys - Lonely Boy
Black Lips -The Lie
Black Pistol Fire -Trigger On My Fire
Brian Jonestown Massacre - The Way it Was
BRM - Beat the Devil's Tattoo
Canned Heat - On the Road Again
Dan Auerbach - Heartbroken, In Disrepair
Dead Weather - Treat me Like Your Mother
Donovan - Riki Tiki Tavi
Endless Boogie - Empty Eye
Gary Clark Jr. - Don't Owe You A Thang
Girls Against Boys - Bulletproof Cupid
Handsome Furs - Damage
London Souls - the Sound
Lykke Li - Get Some
Mastodon - Curl Of The Burl
Middle Class Rut - Alive or Dead
Ministry - NWO
Red Fang - Prehistoric Dog
Reverend horton Heat - Big Red Rocket of Love
Rival Sons - Save Me
The Black Angels - Better off Alone
Unkle Feat. Nick Cave - Take the Money and Run
Ritmo Machine - La Calle
MonstrO - Solar[/quote]
Listen to the songs on [url=http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLBCE16CA786A1F695]this Youtube playlist[/url].