The official Facebook page for Need For Speed: World has just achieved 750.000 likes and, as promised, the dev. team has released an universal code that grants every player with a free Toyota Supra. Redeem it quickly on World's website, the code is valid until Friday, 17th May at 06:00 GMT.
Here's the code: HJVF-9N69-HUSU-LMH3
If the community can reach 1.000.000 likes, there will be another reward!
Sunday, 12. May 2013
Thursday, 2. May 2013
To all Need For Speed: World players, please be aware that the game servers will be shut down today (2nd May) for scheduled maintenance. This maintenance will take 2 hours. The list of new features and bug fixes is below:
Start time: 21:00 GMT
End time: 23:00 GMT
- No new features are being added with this patch.
Bug fixes / changes:
- Fixed an issue that prevented players from receiving rewards in Team Escape;
- Fixed an issue that caused players to receive both 0 Rep and 0 Cash after completing an Event;
- Fixed an issue that allowed a selected Achievement badge to change when using the mouse scroll wheel;
- Fixed an issue that caused player's microphones to mute in the Pre-race lobby after clicking Race Again;
- Optimized the way damage displays for a number of cars with body kits installed;
- Achievement rarity will now progressively update during a session;
- Client optimizations were made to help reduce server load;
- Some minor localization fixes were made;
- Fixed an issue that prevented vinyls from being placed on some locations of the Chevrolet El Camino SS "Vengeance".
The world.needforspeed.com website may go down shortly during the maintenance period.
Wednesday, 17. April 2013
One week ago the dev. team of Need For Speed: World challenged all players to complete 5 million in-game events with a Japanese car. If the community, as a whole, could do this in one week, the prize would be an universal car pack code.
The results were announced and not only did the community managed to complete 5 million in-game events, they even got a new record: over 5.2 million events with a Japanese car! So, here's the reward code:
Be sure to redeem it as soon as possible at http://world.needforspeed.com/. This code will give you a free Card Pack, which will be available for 0 SpeedBoost in the Card Pack Shop. After you get the card, just use it and see which car you got. It is possible to get all types of cars using this card, including Elite and retired cars.
Wednesday, 10. April 2013
To all Need For Speed: World players, please be aware that the game servers will be shut down today (10th April) for scheduled maintenance. This maintenance will take 9 hours. The list of new features and bug fixes is below:
Start time: 17:00 GMT
End time: 03:00 GMT (11th April)
- New Achievements system: players can now obtain Achievements after completing specific milestones within the game;
- Achievements badge set now appears in the pre-race, post-race and compare drivers screens, allowing players to show off specific Achievements they have completed;
- A new Achievements Log helps players track achievement progress, customize their Achievement badge set, and claim rewards;
- New Driver Score measures the number of Achievements each driver has obtained;
- The all new Bugatti Veyron EB 16.4 has been added to the game and is available exclusively as an Achievement reward
- 5 new "Achievement Edition" cars have been added the game and are available exclusively through Achievement rewards: BMW M3 (E92), Ford Focus RS, Lamborghini Gallardo LP 550-2 Valentino Balboni, Koenigsegg CCX, and Nissan Fairlady 240ZG (S30).
Bug fixes / changes:
- Improvements were made to the client's stability;
- Driver Profile screen was removed from the Safehouse;
- Rankings have been removed from the News Feed;
- Fixed an issue that caused the Powerup cross to display an incorrect event label.
Please note that the Need for Speed World Leaderboards will be reset during the patch. This means that all leaderboard data will be removed.
Tuesday, 9. April 2013
The dev. team has posted a list of future achievements coming to the game, and it has also shed some light about rewards concerning achievements. Starting with the rewards, users will be able to win: Aftermarket Parts, Skill Mods, In-Game Cash, Performance Parts, Card Packs and, more importantly, cars. There are 6 cars that can be won by unlocking achievements, namely:
- BMW M3 (E92)
- Ford Focus RS
- Lamborghini Gallardo LP 550-2 Valentino Balboni
- Koenigsegg CCX
- Nissan Fairlady 240 ZG (S30)
There is also one extra car that the dev. team refused to announce, saying only "we guarantee that every single person who plays NFS World has been waiting for this car and absolutely can't wait to get their hands on it". According to them, this car can only be won if the player unlocks all achievements. It is thought that this car is the Bugatti Veyron 16.4, as recent images surfaced of the car in-game, like this one.
As for the list of achievements, you can check this blog post to see all future achievements coming to the game. Most of them will be retroactive, meaning that they will be unlocked as soon as the player logs in, but only if the player has completed the goal, of course. Some of the achievements won't be retroactive, though. Here's a breakdown of which achievements are retroactive and which are not:
Will retroactively count towards completing Achievements:
- Manufacturer Car Collections
- Total Car Collection
- Driver Progression
- Treasure Hunt Streak
- Treasure Hunts Completed
- Beta Status
Will not retroactively count towards completing Achievements:
- Car Customization
- Event stats (streaks, win/losses)
- Drivers' In-Game Cash
A release date for the new achievements system has not yet been given, but it should be near. The dev. team says the maintenance window will be extended for several hours when deploying the achievements, so expect some downtime of World's servers. A maintenance patch is expected today, Tuesday 9th, but we have to wait until further info by the dev. team.
Sunday, 7. April 2013
After the official announcement of the achievements system a few days ago, the dev. team has been releasing daily a lot of information about this new system. Here's a sum of all the important info.
- Achievements Log: this will be a new in-game menu that will allow the player to view every achievement, see the progress towards completing an achievement, and redeem the rewards. Here's a high-resolution picture showing this new menu.
- Once an achievement is unlocked, a pop-up menu will appear to let the player know which achievement was unlocked.
- Achievement Badges: this is the primary method of showing off the type of driver you are and what achievements you have unlocked. In each player's driver profile there are four slots that players can assign their Achievement badges to. The colour of the badge's border also represents how rare of an achievement it is. If the border around the achievement is black that means that the achievement isn't very rare and a lot of players have completed that achievement. However, if the border is gold that means that less than 5% of all active Need For Speed World players have completed that achievement rank and you are among the elite!
Keep checking back because the last articles will mention rewards and probably a release date for the achievements system. Need For Speed: World usually receives a patch every Tuesday, so it is expected that the achievements will become available after this week's patch.
As for rewards, the picture showing the new in-game menu shows rewards such as a custom car, performance mods, and skill mods.
Thursday, 4. April 2013
For some time now the dev. team of Need For Speed: World has been hinting at a major new feature coming to the game. Various sources, which were able to examine the new game files added after patch, came up with the information that this new feature would be an achievements system, similar do Microsoft's LIVE Achievements, PS3's Trophies, or STEAM's Achievements.
The dev. team has finally confirmed this and achievements were officially announced! In the next few days there will be more info about this, so keep checking back. Here's a sum of all the information so far:
There will be 4 types of achievements, namely:
- Competition Achievements (winning races, outruns, team escapes, etc.);
- Collection Achievements (collecting a certain number of cars);
- Customization Achievements (related to performance and visual tuning);
- Driver Achievements (levelling up, earning cash, beating a certain in-game milestone).
Every achievement has up to 5 ranks to earn, each more difficult to achieve than the last.
Driver Score and Driver Points will also be added. More achievements mean a higher Driver Score. With each achievement there will also be rewards, although it was not revealed which kind of rewards.
Tuesday, 19. March 2013
To all Need For Speed: World players, please be aware that the game servers will be shut down today (19th March) for scheduled maintenance. This maintenance will take 4 hours. The list of bug fixes is below. No new features are going to be added with this patch.
Start time: 20:00 GMT
End time: 00:00 GMT
Bug fixes / changes:
- Drag lobby times have been reduced by 10 seconds;
- Sprint, Circuit and Team Escape lobby times have been reduced by 5 seconds;
- Fixed an issue that caused the event countdown timer to be out of sync with other players.
Friday, 15. March 2013
Due to the recent technical difficulties that prevented a lot of players from accessing the game (since 3rd March), the dev. team has finally solved the problems, and to calm the community down, they decided to make the Treasure Hunt revival streak free (instead of the usual 500 Speedboost). All events will also now offer twice the amount of cash and reputation for a period of 7 days, to compensate for the lost time.
This limited time offer will start on 15th March at 12:01 GMT and end on 22nd March at 12:01 GMT.
Thursday, 21. February 2013
As usual, the development of Need For Speed: World never stops, and the team continues to release patches every two weeks. Each patch brings not only bug fixes and sometimes new features, but it also brings 3 to 4 new in-game cash cars, while it also retires 2 or 3 in-game cash cars. This is good news for those who don't want to spend real money to buy cars.
So, here's a round-up of the latest developments for the game!
Version 13.76 new features:
– A new Car Prize Pack has been added to the Card Pack store which gives players the chance to win new and exclusive cars;
– Optimizations have been made to help reduce the download size for future updates;
- Three new cars for IGC: Aston Martin DBS, 2009 Mazda RX-8 (2009), Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X;
- Three IGC cars retired: Aston Martin V12 Vantage, Lotus Europa S, Ford Focus RS.
Version 13.76 bug fixes/changes:
– Fixed an issue that sometimes prevented the Traffic Magnet powerup from having any effect;
– A number of vinyl mirroring and distortion issues were fixed for multiple cars;
– Fixed a flickering license plate issue on the Mazda RX-8 (2009).
Valentine Day cars: Lamborghini Aventador LP 700-4 The Beast 2013 and Koenigsegg CCXR Edition The Beauty 2013.