To all Need For Speed: World players, please be aware that the game servers will be shut down today (30th May) for scheduled maintenance. This maintenance will take 6 hours. The list of new content and bug fixes is below.
Start time: 19:00 GMT
End time: 01:00 GMT (31st May)
- New Driver Skills Customization system: Instead of skill points players will receive Skill Mods, similar to Performance and Aftermarket parts, which can be won from any event through the Lucky Draw or from purchasing Skill Packs.
- A Skill Workshop has been added so that players can install Skill Mods from their Inventory or purchase new Skill Mods from the Store.
- Traditional Chinese localization support has been added to both the game and website.
- A new Country Card Pack has been added to the game and includes new and exclusive Neons and License plates.
Bug fixes / changes:
- The Lamborghini Gallardo's top speed has been significantly increased
- The handling and acceleration have been improved on the Ford GT, Lamborghini Gallardo and Nissan GT-R [R35]
- The bumper cameras have been tuned on the Ford GT, Lamborghini Gallardo and Nissan GT-R [R35]
- The hood camera has been fixed on the Ford GT
- Cop Lights no longer turn off when bringing focus to the chat window
- Fixed an issue which caused tire skidding SFX to play at times when it shouldn't
- Report Driver functionality is now active in the Pre-Race lobby
- Fixed an issue which caused the Mitsubishi Eclipse (Elite) to lose interior detail when viewed at a short distance
- Fixed an issue which caused the Porsche Boxster Spyder's windshield frame and seats to disappear when viewed at a distance
- Fixed an issue which caused the Porsche 911 RSR 3.0 (Art Director)'s windshield to disappear when viewed at a distance
- Fixed an issue which caused window tints to disappear on the BMW M3 GTS (Cop Edition), BMW Z4 GT3 (Easter Edition), Lamborghini Murciélago LP 650-4 Roadster and 2009 Mazda RX-8 when viewed at a distance
- Fixed an issue which caused window tints to not affect the Audi quattro 20V, Chevrolet Corvette Z06, 1969 Ford Mustang Boss 302, Ford Shelby GT500 Super Snake and Lamborghini Miura
- Fixed an issue that prevented vinyl placement on the driver side of the Lamborghini Countach 5000 quattrovalvole's hood
- Missing headlight glare was fixed for the Alfa Romeo 8C Competizione and Lexus LF-A
- Fixed an issue which caused the system clock to display 22:22 by default after completing any Event
- Fixed an issue which caused reverse lights to clip through the car on the Porsche 911 GT3 RS, and Ford Mustang Boss 302
- A number of localization issues were fixed